Kiowa County / Greensburg Feb. 21 - 27, 2010
Public Information Update
Sunday, February 21, – Saturday, February 27, 2010
SHERIFF DEPARTMENT OPEN HOUSE
The Kiowa County Sheriff’s Department will be hosting a Come and Go Open House on Friday, February 26th from 1 to 4 p.m.
The public is invited to attend and tour the new facility located at 200 E. Wisconsin Ave., Greensburg.
HOSPITAL OPEN HOUSE
The public is invited to attend the Kiowa County Memorial Hospital and Greensburg Family Practice Open House on Friday, March 12th at 1:30 p.m. The hospital is located at 721 W. Kansas Avenue, Greensburg.
Please come and help celebrate the completion of the 1st LEED Platinum Critical Access Hospital in the nation!
LADIES NIGHT OUT
The women of the First United Methodist Church of Greensburg would like to invite all ladies out for a Ladies Night Out on Wednesday, March 3rd at 6:30 p.m.
The supper will be a potluck meal followed by Kim Vogel Sawyer talking about “Lessons Learned from Chocolate.”
CENSUS BUREAU LOOKING FOR WORKERS
The Census is currently recruiting thousands of individuals to work full and part-time for the upcoming Decennial Census. We would like to hire from within your county to ensure money stays in your area.
Need a job?! Need supplemental income?! Full time and Part-time positions available. CALL 1-866-861-2010. We Will Work With Your Schedule!!!!
$10-15 per hour plus mileage reimbursements depending on location and occupation.
18 years of age, U.S. Citizen, and take a basic written test consisting of basic reading and math questions.
How to apply - call 1-866-861-2010
Call to confirm testing locations, date and times in your area.
Thank you for your time and we look forward to having you work with the U.S. Census Bureau.
SAVE THE DATE
The Kiowa County Health Fair is scheduled for Saturday, March 27th from 7 – 10 a.m. at the Greensburg School gymnasium. Basic lab work will be $20, PSA is $5. Please fast for 12 hours before having blood drawn. For more information, contact the Kiowa County Health Department at 620-723-2136.
The Brenham Meteorites are one of the 24 finalist for the Kansas Sampler Foundations 8wonders of Kansas geography division. You can help make them one of the 8wonders of geography by casting your vote at www.kansassampler.org. Voting ends February 17th at midnight so don't delay. You can vote 3 times from each email address but don't forget to vote for 8 of the 24 finalists. After all in the 8wonders of Kansas categories Greensburg has the Big Well and Mullinville has the Round Barn, let's make this happen for Haviland and the Brenham Meteorites and give Kiowa County 3 8wonders.
FARM BILL WILDLOF BIOLOGIST POSITION
Starting Pay Rate:
$27,000-$32,000 + Benefits Per year
February 26, 2010
Locations: Seneca, Beloit, Medicine Lodge, Oberlin
For more information or to apply:
Send Application, cover letter outlining both your interest in this position and qualifications, a resume with three references and your salary requirements to:
Human Resource Manager
1783 Buerkle Circle
St. Paul, MN 55110
Fax: (651) 773-5500
HAVILAND CITY GOVERNMENT
· City Hall hours are Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· City Hall phone number is 620-862-5317. Please call if you have questions.
· City Council meetings are held the first Monday of the month. At 7 p.m. in the community room.
· Trash service is provided by the county. The West side of town is picked up on Tuesdays. The East side of town is picked up on Fridays. Businesses are on Tuesday and Fridays. Please have your trash at the curb by 8 a.m.
MULLINVILLE CITY GOVERNMENT
· City Hall hours are Monday – Friday 7 to 8 a.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
· City Hall phone number is 620-548-2539. Please call if you have questions.
· City Council meetings are held third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. in City hall.
· Trash service is provided by the county. West side of town on Tuesdays and East side of town on Fridays.
KIOWA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
· All Office’s Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· County website: kiowacountyks.org Check out the website for the latest information including County Commission meeting minutes.
· County Offices are located on the square, 211 E. Florida Ave., Greensburg.
· County Commission meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Mondays and the last working day of the month at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioner’s Meeting Room located on the lower level of the courthouse.
· South Landfill hours are Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The landfill is now charging $5.00 per cubic yard for C/D and $20.00 per cubic yard for concrete.
· Recycle Center hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 1st and 3rd Saturday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
· Lighthouse Worship Center is meeting in their new facility located at 804 W. Wisconsin. Sunday School starts at 9:30 a.m. Worship and Children’s Church starts at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday Bible Study begins at 7 p.m. Contact Pastor Christa Zapfe at 620-723-3028 for more information.
· First United Methodist Church is meeting in their New Life Center located at 600 W. Lincoln. Worship at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday School at 10:45 a.m. Contact Pastor Mayhew at 620-723-3338 with questions or concerns.
· St. Joseph Catholic Church is meeting in their new Church building located at 820 S. Walnut. Services are held on the first and third weekends of the month at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday evening. On the 2nd, 4th, and 5th weekends, Mass is at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Contact Ellen Peters, Parish Life Coordinator at 620-255-3636 with questions and concerns.
· First Baptist Church is meeting in their new facility located at 200 W. Kansas, Greensburg. Church begins at 10:50 a.m. For more information, call Pastor Marvin George at 723-2747.
· Peace Lutheran Church is meeting in their new facility at 321 S. Walnut. Worship begins at 11 a.m. For more information, call Pastor Merlyn Lohkre, 620-298-2762.
· Greensburg Christian Church is meeting at their new building, 1200 S. Main St. Service begins at 10:30 a.m. Call T.J. Lawson for more information at 620-770-6026.
· Faith Tabernacle is meeting at the new church 611 W. Illinois St. each Sunday at 10 a.m. Call Rev. Willard Olinger at 723-2745 for more details.
· Greensburg Mennonite Church meets in their new facility located at 310 West Pennsylvania. Sunday School begins at 9:30, ages nursery to senior adults. Worship begins at 10:30 a.m. Call Pastor Jeff Blackburn at 620-723-2620 for more information.
· Bible Baptist Church is meeting at 605 S. Elm Dr. Sunday School begins at 10 a.m. and Church begins at 11 a.m. For more information, Wesley Carlton at 620-723-2834.
GREENSBURG CITY GOVERNMENT
· City Hall Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.
· City Hall Phone Number is 620-723-2751.
· City website is www.greensburgks.org check out the website for city services, photos, news and the latest information.
· City Council meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month. The meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and will be held at City Hall.
· Greensburg Planning Commission meetings are held on Wednesdays on a fluctuating schedule at 6:30 p.m. Check with Christy at 620-723-4109 for the next date.
· Greensburg Trash Routes are running as North/South streets on Mondays and East/West streets on Fridays. Trash must be out by 8 a.m. or it will not be picked up.
· Big Well Gift Shop hours are Monday – Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sundays 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. The phone number for the gift shop is 620-723-4102.