Kiowa County / Greensburg Update Jan. 3 - 9, 2010
Public Information Update
Sunday, January 3, – Saturday, January 9, 2010
The Peoples Bank has moved into their new facility! The new facility is located at 102 S. Oak St.
Hours for the bank will be:
Monday – Friday: 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Saturday: 9 – 11 a.m. (drive thru only)
An ATM will be available 24 hours a day!
Please stop by and see our new facility.
5.4.7 ART CENTER SEEKING HELP
The 5.4.7 Arts Center is seeking volunteers from the community to help open the building and give tours. This will start in January, and the schedule is very flexible! We’d love your help! Please call Stacy at 620.723.2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested. Thank you!
ADULT WATERCOLOR PAINTING CLASSES
the 5.4.7. Arts Center will be holding Adult Watercolor Painting Classes for anyone wanting to learn to paint.
The classes will be held over 4 sessions beginning January 12th. Times will be 6:30 – 8:30 p.m. Cost to take the class is $40 per person, beginning supplies included!
No experience is needed so grab a friend and sign up today! To register, call the Arts Center at 620-723-2600 or e-mail Stacy at email@example.com.
HAND BELL CHOIR
If you are:
· at least 16 yrs old
· can read music
· willing to practice 1 hour a week for at least 12-14 weeks
· would like to play Hand bells
Please get your name on the list by notifying Mitzi at 723-3290 or firstname.lastname@example.org
HEALTH DEPARTMENT NOTICE
To better serve clients of the Kiowa County Health Department, we are going to implement a change with our clinic appointments.
We will no longer have an Open Clinic Day!!!
We ask that you call and make an appointment for all services. We hope this will give our clients more flexibility and that we can assure you no waiting time. As we transition during the month of December, we ask that you start calling now for appointments for any service you might need. Starting in January, we will only see a client with an appointment. We will work a drop-in as our schedule allows.
Kiowa County Health Department
LADIES NIGHT OUT
The Women of the 1st United Methodist Church would like to invite all the women of Kiowa County to a Ladies Night Out on Wednesday, January 6th.
A covered dish dinner will begin at 6:30 p.m. at the First UMC Fellowship Hall. Following the dinner, Kim Vogel Sawyer, author and speaker will present “Lessons Learned from Chocolate.”
Kim lived in Greensburg during her high school years. She and her husband reside in Kansas and have three daughters and six grandchildren. She has written thirteen novels in three years, many of which are best sellers.
Please come join us and bring a friend!
H1N1 vaccine is now available for the General Public.
Please call 620-723-2136 for an appointment at the Kiowa County Health Department to get the vaccine.
KIOWA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
· All Office’s Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· County Offices are located on the square, 211 E. Florida Ave, Greensburg..
· County Commission meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Mondays and the last working day of the month at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioner’s Meeting Room located on the lower level of the courthouse.
· South Landfill hours are Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The landfill is now charging $5.00 per cubic yard for C/D and $20.00 per cubic yard for concrete.
· Recycle Center hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 1st and 3rd Saturday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
GREENSBURG CITY GOVERNMENT
· City Hall Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.
· City Hall Phone Number is 620-723-2751.
· City website is www.greensburgks.org check out the website for city services, photos, news and the latest information.
· City Council meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month. The meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and will be held at City Hall.
· Greensburg Planning Commission meetings are held on Wednesdays on a fluctuating schedule at 6:30 p.m. Check with Christy at 620-723-4109 for the next date.
· Greensburg Trash Routes are running as North/South streets on Mondays and East/West streets on Fridays. Trash must be out by 8 a.m. or it will not be picked up.
· Big Well Gift Shop hours are Monday – Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sundays 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. The phone number for the gift shop is 620-723-4102.
HAVILAND CITY GOVERNMENT
· City Hall hours are Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· City Hall phone number is 620-862-5317. Please call if you have questions.
· City Council meetings are held the first Monday of the month. At 7 p.m. in the community room.
· Trash service is provided by the county. The West side of town is picked up on Tuesdays. The East side of town is picked up on Fridays. Businesses are on Tuesday and Fridays. Please have your trash at the curb by 8 a.m.
MULLINVILLE CITY GOVERNMENT
· City Hall hours are Monday – Friday 7 to 8 a.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
· City Hall phone number is 620-548-2539. Please call if you have questions.
· City Council meetings are held third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. in City hall.
· Trash service is provided by the county. West side of town on Tuesdays and East side of town on Fridays.
· Lighthouse Worship Center is meeting in their new facility located at 804 W. Wisconsin. Sunday School starts at 9:30 a.m. Worship and Children’s Church starts at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday Bible Study begins at 7 p.m. Contact Pastor Christa Zapfe at 620-723-3028 for more information.
· First United Methodist Church is meeting in their New Life Center located at 600 W. Lincoln. Worship at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday School at 10:45 a.m. Contact Pastor Mayhew at 620-723-3338 with questions or concerns.
· St. Joseph Catholic Church is meeting in their new Church building located at 820 S. Walnut. Services are held on the first and third weekends of the month at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday evening. On the 2nd, 4th, and 5th weekends, Mass is at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Contact Ellen Peters, Parish Life Coordinator at 620-255-3636 with questions and concerns.
· First Baptist Church is meeting in their new facility located at 200 W. Kansas,Greensburg. Church begins at 10:50 a.m. For more information, call Pastor Marvin George at 723-2747.
· Peace Lutheran Church is meeting in their temporary trailer at 321 S. Walnut at 11 a.m. For more information, call Pastor Merlyn Lohkre, 620-298-2762.
· Greensburg Christian Church is meeting at their new building, 1200 S. Main St. Service begins at 10:30 a.m. Call T.J. Lawson for more information at 620-770-6026.
· Faith Tabernacle is meeting at the new church 611 W. Illinois St. each Sunday at 10 a.m. Call Rev. Willard Olinger at 723-2745 for more details.
· Greensburg Mennonite Church meets in their new facility located at 310 West Pennsylvania. Sunday School begins at 9:30, ages nursery to senior adults. Worship begins at 10:30 a.m. Call Pastor Jeff Blackburn at 620-723-2620 for more information.
· Bible Baptist Church is meeting at 605 S. Elm Dr. Sunday School begins at 10 a.m. and Church begins at 11 a.m. For more information, Wesley Carlton at 620-723-2834.