Kiowa County / Greensburg March 27 - April 2, 2011
Public Information Update
Sunday, March 27, – Saturday, April 2, 2011
CENTERA BANK CUSTOMER APPRECIATION
Centera Bank has been in their new facility for a year now and they would like to celebrate with the community by hosting a Customer Appreciation Day!
Please stop by the bank on Friday, April 8th between 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. for the Hamburger Feed they will be providing. Everyone is welcome!
STATE FARM GRAND OPENING
The next Kiowa County Chamber of Commerce coffee and New Location ribbon-cutting will be Wednesday, March 30th at State Farm Insurance in the Incubator Building suite #111 at 10 am. The public is invited to attend.
TRACTOR SAFETY TRAINING
The Kiowa County Extension Office will be co-hosting the Annual Tractor Safety training that is required for youth ages 13-16 who want to work for agriculture producers.
The training will be held on Saturday, April 30th from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the Pratt Community College campus.
To register for the class, please call the Extension Office at 620-723-2156 by April 15th.
GHS ALUMNI REUNION PICNIC
The picnic will be held at the Community Building, on Saturday, May 28, 2011. Kook's Meats will be catering the sandwich buffet. The cost per person is $5.00. You will need to send checks to: Susan McGuire, 5617 Winton Road, Fairfield, OH 45014.
The deadline is May 1st. The picnic will begin around noon. All are welcome to join in the fun.
GHS ALUMNI BANQUET
The Alumni Banquet will be held at the gym (came place as last year) at 6:00 p.m. Tickets can be purchased now, and are $12.50 per person. You may make your check out to: GHS Alumni Association, c/o Sherrell Seacat Heft (Treasurer), 16482 US 183, Greensburg, KS 67054.
All Tickets MUST BE PURCHASED BY MAY 21st! NO TICKETS WILL BE SOLD AT THE DOOR.
If you want your tickets ahead of time, please include a self addressed, stamped envelope, so they can be returned to you.
Honored classes will end in 1 and 6 - if you want to reserve a table for your classmates, you will need to contact Lana Swisher, to arrange a time on Friday afternoon (the 27th), to have access to the gym. You can contact Lana at firstname.lastname@example.org.
KIOWA COUNTY EXTENSION OFFICE PROFESSIONAL NEEDED
The Kiowa County Extension Office is taking applications for a full time Office Professional. This person will be responsible for office work including all financial records for the office as well as working with the public. You must have adequate computer skills and very good people skills.
You can pick up an application at the Extension Office until April 22, 2011, Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., 211 E. Florida, Greensburg, KS 620-723-2156.
DAYCARE PROVIDER NEEDED
Sonshine and Rainbows Discovery Center, a Christian day care and preschool, is looking for a full time childcare provider. Hours would be app. 9:30-5:30. You must be at least 18 years old and love working with infants, toddlers and older children. Must be willing to take in-service training. Please call (620) 723-3324 or pick up an application at 600 West Lincoln Avenue, Greensburg.
KIOWA COUNTY HEALTH FAIR
APRIL 9, 2011
7 – 11 AM
Basic Blood work $20
- Fasting 12 hr before
Youth for Christ Building
211 E Garfield, Greensburg
Any questions call 620-723-2136
GREENSBURG CITY GOVERNMENT
· City Hall Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday.
· City Hall Phone Number is 620-723-2751.
· City website is www.greensburgks.org check out the website for city services, photos, news and the latest information.
· City Council meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month. The meetings begin at 6:00 p.m. and will be held at City Hall.
· Greensburg Planning Commission meetings are held on Wednesdays on a fluctuating schedule at 6:30 p.m. Check with Christy at 620-723-4109 for the next date.
· Greensburg Trash Routes are running for the entire city on Wednesdays. Trash must be out by 8 a.m. or it will not be picked up.
· Greensburg Recycle Routes are running for East/West streets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month and for North/South streets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.
· Big Well Gift Shop hours are Monday – Saturday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sundays 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. The phone number for the gift shop is 620-723-4102.
HAVILAND CITY GOVERNMENT
· City Hall hours are Monday – Friday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
· City Hall phone number is 620-862-5317. Please call if you have questions.
· City Council meetings are held the first Monday of the month. At 7 p.m. in the community room.
MULLINVILLE CITY GOVERNMENT
· City Hall hours are Monday – Friday 7 to 8 a.m., Saturday 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
· City Hall phone number is 620-548-2539. Please call if you have questions.
· City Council meetings are held third Monday of the month at 7 p.m. in City hall.
· Bethel Mennonite Church is meeting at their facility located 3 miles south and 1 mile west of the highway 183/54 interchange. Sunday School begins at 10 a.m. Morning worship starts at 11 a.m. Evening worship begins at 7 p.m. contact Mark Dirks at 620-723-2941 for more information.
· Lighthouse Worship Center is meeting in their new facility located at 804 W. Wisconsin. Sunday School starts at 9:30 a.m. Worship and Children’s Church starts at 10:45 a.m. Wednesday Bible Study begins at 7 p.m. Contact Pastor Christa Zapfe at 620-723-3028 for more information.
· First United Methodist Church is meeting in their New Life Center located at 600 W. Lincoln. Worship at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday School at 10:45 a.m. Contact Pastor Mayhew at 620-723-3338 with questions or concerns.
· St. Joseph Catholic Church is meeting in their new Church building located at 820 S. Walnut. Services are held on the first and third weekends of the month at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday evening. On the 2nd, 4th, and 5th weekends, Mass is at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday mornings. Contact Ellen Peters, Parish Life Coordinator at 620-255-3636 with questions and concerns.
· First Baptist Church is meeting in their new facility located at 200 W. Kansas, Greensburg. Church begins at 10:50 a.m. For more information, call Pastor Marvin George at 723-2747.
· Peace Lutheran Church is meeting in their new facility at 321 S. Walnut. Worship begins at 11 a.m. For more information, call Pastor Merlyn Lohkre, 620-298-2762.
· Greensburg Christian Church is meeting at their new building, 1210 S. Main St. Service begins at 10:30 a.m. Call T.J. Lawson for more information at 620-770-6026.
· Faith Tabernacle is meeting at the new church 611 W. Illinois St. each Sunday at 10 a.m. Call Rev. Willard Olinger at 723-2745 for more details.
· Greensburg Mennonite Church meets in their new facility located at 310 West Pennsylvania. Sunday School begins at 9:30, ages nursery to senior adults. Worship begins at 10:30 a.m. Call Pastor Jeff Blackburn at 620-723-2620 for more information.
· Bible Baptist Church is meeting at 605 S. Elm Dr. Sunday School begins at 10 a.m. and Church begins at 11 a.m. For more information, Wesley Carlton at 620-723-2834.
· Wellsford Community Church is meeting at the church in Wellsford. Service begins at 11 a.m. with Pastor Steve Patterson presiding.
KIOWA COUNTY COUNCIL ON AGING
The Kiowa County Council on Aging meets the second Tuesday of each month at 3 pm in the Komatera Apartment conference room (810 S. Spruce) in Greensburg.
KIOWA COUNTY GOVERNMENT
· All Office’s Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
· County website: kiowacountyks.org Check out the website for the latest information including County Commission meeting minutes.
· County Offices are located on the square, 211 E. Florida Ave., Greensburg.
· County Commission meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd Mondays and the last working day of the month at 9:00 a.m. in the Commissioner’s Meeting Room located on the lower level of the courthouse.
· South Landfill hours are Monday – Saturday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The landfill is now charging $5.00 per cubic yard for C/D and $20.00 per cubic yard for concrete.
· Recycle Center hours are Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and 1st and 3rd Saturday 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.