CHAMBER COFFEEWednesday, July 25th the Peoples Bank will be hosting a chamber coffee from 9-10am @ 102 S Oak St, Greensburg. Ruth Teichman will be there to answer any questions you may have for her.
Her schedule is below:
9 a.m. - 10 a.m. Chamber Coffee at Peoples Bank in Greensburg (See Above)
10:30 - 11:30 Walk Main Street Businesses in Greensburg
11:45 - 1:30 Lunch and Chat with seniors - Senior Center on S. Main in Greensburg
2:00 - 3:15 Haviland Business Community and Haviland Schools/Barclay College educators - Antique Junction in Haviland
3:45 - 5:00 USD 422 teachers/educators reception - Old Fashioned Soda Fountain at the Commons in Greensburg
6:00 - 7:30 4-H Fair and Community Meal - County Fairgrounds
The Kiowa County Signal and the Kiowa County Chamber of Commerce will co-sponsor a pair of county election debates in Greensburg and Haviland on July 26 and August 3.COUNTY ELECTION DEBATES
In advance of the Tuesday, Aug 7th countywide primary election, the Kiowa County Signal and the Kiowa County Chamber of Commerce will co-sponsor county election debates in Haviland, July 26th and Greensburg, August 3rd. They are scheduled to begin at 7:00pm and last approximately 45 minutes.
Candidates in contested races, including county sheriff, county clerk and county attorney and candidates for uncontested races for county treasurer, magistrate judge and register of deeds are all invited to to participate.
The Signal will solicit questions from the community until Monday, July 23, via letter, email, phone, fax or video. Haviland hardware, The Kiowa County Senior Center and The Kiowa County Signal office will have question drop-off boxes.
ENERGY SAVING SEMINARS
Doug Rye will be holding 2 energy saving seminars on Friday, July 27th at the Kiowa County Senior Center at 9:00 am and again at 6:30pm.
Redeem your postcard at either of the two seminars mentioned above, or at the Greensburg City Hall by August 31st, 2012 to receive your FREE LED light bulb (a $30.00 value). Limit one light bulb per household. Register to win a free, 50 gallon, Rheem MARATHON electric water heater (a $700.00 value). Registration only at the seminars held July 27th, 2012.
FREE DEVELOPMENTAL SCREENING
For Ages Birth to Five Years Old
Areas screened will be motor, concepts, communication, social and self help development, vision, hearing, health and/or nutrition. Screenings will be held at the Greensburg Mennonite Church 310 W Pennsylvania on July 25th, 2012 from 9am-3pm. Please schedule an appointment, by calling (620)723-2136.
School physicals will be held at Greensburg Family Practice on July 30th and 31st and at the Haviland Clinic on August 2nd. Appointments will be scheduled every 10 minutes from 9am to noon, and 1pm to 5pm. On these designated days, the cost will be $15. Physicals scheduled during regular clinic hours will be $35, unless pre-approved by administration. Please make sure that a parent signs the physical form before the appointment so the student will not have to return with the signed paperwork.
Please call to make your appointment:
Greensburg Family Practice: (620)723-2127
Haviland Clinic: (620)862-5431
The Twilight Theatre has 2013
the Future Calendars for $15 donation and Greensburg Journals for $5
donation. Both are available at the
“Where’d Ya Find That” Antiques, 148 S. Main St. Greensburg Greensburg. All proceeds will benefit the theatre
· City Hall hours are Monday – Friday
· City Hall phone number is 620-862-5317. Please call if you have questions.
· City Council meetings are held the first Monday of the month at 7 p.m. in the community room.
· All Office’s Hours: Monday – Friday
· County website: kiowacountyks.org Check out the website for the latest information including
meeting minutes. County Commission
are located on the
square, County Offices 211 E. Florida Ave.,
meetings are held on the 1st and 3rd
Mondays and the last working day of the month at in the Commissioner’s Meeting Room located on
the lower level of the courthouse. County Commission
· South Landfill hours are Monday – Saturday The landfill charges $5.00 per cubic yard for C/D and $20.00 per cubic yard for concrete.
· Recycle Center hours are Monday – Friday and 1st and 3rd Saturday
· City Hall hours are Monday – Friday , Saturday
· City Hall phone number is 620-548-2539. Please call if you have questions.
· City Council meetings are held the first and third Monday of the month at in City hall.
· City Hall Hours are Monday - Friday.
· City Hall Phone Number is 620-723-2751.
· City website is www.greensburgks.org check out the website for city services, photos, news and the latest information.
· City Council meetings are held the 1st and 3rd Mondays of the month. The meetings begin at and will be held at City Hall.
· Greensburg Planning Commission meetings are held on Wednesdays on a fluctuating schedule at Check with Christy at 620-723-4109 for the next date.
· Greensburg Trash Routes are running for the entire city on Wednesdays. Trash must be out by or it will not be picked up.
· Greensburg Recycle Routes are running for East/West streets on the 2nd Wednesday of the month and for North/South streets on the 3rd Wednesday of the month.
· Big Well Gift Shop hours are Monday – Saturday 9 a.m. – 6 p.m., Sundays 1 p.m. – 6 p.m. The phone number for the gift shop is 620-723-4102.
is located 3 miles
south and 1 mile west of the highway 183/54 interchange. Sunday school begins at Morning worship starts at Evening worship begins at
Contact Mark Dirks at 620-723-2941 for more information. Bethel Mennonite Church
is meeting at Bible Baptist Church 605 S. Elm Dr, Greensburg.
Sunday school begins at
and Church begins at For more information, Wesley Carlton at 620-723-2834.
· Faith Tabernacle is located at
Illinois St., Greensburg. Service begins at
Call Rev. Willard Olinger at 723-2745 for more details.
is located at 200 W. First Baptist Church , Kansas .
Church begins at For more information, call Pastor Marvin
George at 723-2747. Greensburg
is located at 600 W. First United Methodist
Church , Lincoln .
Worship at 9:30 a.m. and Sunday School at Contact
Pastor Mayhew at 620-723-3338 with questions or concerns. Greensburg
is located at 205 N. Kingman,
Haviland. Sunday School and Adult classes ; Congregational Worship ; Wednesday Community meal; 6pm Faith
Weaver Friends (K-5), Jr. High Youth Group; High School Youth Group Friends Church
· Greensburg Christian Church is located at
S. Main St.
Service begins at Call T.J. Lawson for more information at
is located at 310
West Greensburg Mennonite Church . Sunday school begins at , age’s nursery to senior adults. Worship begins at
Call Pastor Jeff Blackburn at 620-723-2620 for more information. Pennsylvania
is located at 804 W. Lighthouse Worship Center , Wisconsin . Sunday school starts at
Worship and Children’s Church starts at Wednesday Bible Study begins at LWC youth group on Sunday nights from at the parsonage. Contact Pastor Christa Zapfe at 620-723-3028
for more information. Greensburg
· Mullinville United Methodist Church is located at 220 N. Locust. Sunday school begins at 9:45 a.m., Worship Service at 11 a.m. A Fellowship Meal is held every 2nd Sunday. Youth Group is Sunday evening from 6:30 – 8 p.m. Call Pastor Scott rose for more information.
is located at 321 S.
Walnut, Peace Lutheran Church . Worship begins at
For more information, call Pastor Merlyn Lohkre, 620-298-2762. Greensburg
· St. Joseph Catholic Church is located at 820 S. Walnut,
Services are held on the first and third weekends of the month at on Saturday evening. On the 2nd, 4th, and 5th
weekends, Mass is at
on Sunday mornings. Contact Ellen
Peters, Parish Life Coordinator at 620-255-3636 with questions and concerns. Greensburg
is located in
Wellsford. Service begins at with Pastor Steve Patterson
presiding. Wellsford Community Church
NON-PROFIT ORGANIZATION MEETINGS
· The Kiowa County Council on Aging meets on the third Tuesday of each month at 3 pm at the Senior Center (431 S. Main) in
· The Kiowa County Historical Society meetings are held on the 4th Thursdays of the month at at the Kiowa County Commons Conference Room.
· The Kiowa County Kansas Media Center Foundation board meetings are held on the 1st Thursday at at the
Center located in the . Please contact Jan West at 723-1117 for more
· The Kiowa County Library board meets the first Monday of each month at in the Kiowa County Commons Conference room or on the following Tuesday if the first Monday is a county holiday.
· The Iroquois Center for Human Development board meets the third Tuesday of each month at in their office (610 E. Grant). Please call 723-2272 for more information.